|Hours a week||40|
Open call for a DevOps engineer!
vidaXL is looking for a DevOps engineer to expand our DevOps team. As a part of one or more Development Squads (ref. Spotify model), you will be working in a fast-paced, open source-based environment using agile methods. You will be exposed to a healthy mix of on-site and cloud infrastructure where your research, proof-of-concepts and knowledge will be the critical driver of the growth and stability of vidaXL. Our sales channels and offices locations are based in the Netherlands, Romania, US East and West Coast, China and Australia and this 24/7 operation requires rock-solid software. Your direct colleagues are located in Shanghai, Bucharest, Venlo and Utrecht. We are continuously looking for ways to improve our development methodologies and architecture and we welcome fresh ideas and techniques. This position is located in Utrecht.
What you will do
- Support your Squad with knowledge and expertise on all DevOps matters;
- Safeguard we do software right and everything that goes live can withstand the will of our customers;
- Ensure systems keep on running even when you go on holiday;
- Research new techniques and build amazing proof-of-concepts.
What we are really, really looking for
- 5+ years of (significant) software development experience;
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile development;
- Excited about CI/CD and software packaging;
- You mention 'Micro-services architecture' more than twice a day (in a positive manner);
- Familiarity with web-servers and front-end applications;
- Affinity towards structured software development (ITIL is not a forbidden word your dictionary);
- Curious about Cloud, Serverless and Infrastructure-as-code;
- Using Linux does not make you uncomfortable;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
What would be great with the above
- When we say 'docker', you say 'compose';
- Working with others' code does not cause you anxiety;
- Reverse engineering is something you are comfortable with;
- You are happy to take the lead and get things done;
- You are passionate about the e-business sector.
vidaXL as employer
vidaXL is a dynamic international company that stimulates curiosity, passion and personal development. vidaXL encourages thinking big and taking on new challenges. All of our staff members, with various backgrounds, have at least a few things in common: ambition, work satisfaction and using their skills to their utmost potential.
Want to join us?
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Send your motivation and resume to [email protected] Please don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter: Bas Nissen.
T | +316 57 71 26 14
Haba Trading B.V. | Mary Kingsleystraat 1 | 5928 SK | Venlo | corporate.vidaxl.com
We care about your privacy! For more information: http://corporate.vidaxl.com/privacy/
We do not appreciate unsolicited calls/resume’s from recruitment agencies in response to this advertisement.
corporate.vidaxl.com *please note: this vacancy will be excecuted from our Utrecht office